Apogee follow a number of polices to ensure that we meet our customers needs and adhere to governmental initiatives, both on a local and national scale.
Corporate social responsibility is important to us in order to operate in a manner that works towards achieveing a positive impact on society as a whole, while maximising the creation of shared value for the company, our employees, our shareholders and our stakeholders.
Having been partnered with Apogee for more than a decade, we’ve had some fantastic advice and guidance over the years."
Click below to jump to an area of corporate responsibility ↓
Apogee is committed to providing the highest quality products and services to its customers. To deliver these high standards, we have developed and implemented a Quality Management System (QMS) accredited to BS EN ISO 9001:2008. ISO 9001 is the internationally recognised standard for quality management within businesses and organisations.
We aspire to deliver quality throughout all aspects of our business operations. We have long standing partnerships with some of the world's leading OEMs in our industry including HP, Ricoh, Xerox, Samsung, Kyocera and Konica Minolta.
Apogee are also part of a number fo frameworks that demonstrate our position as the market-leading multi-brand Managed Services provider of print, document and process technology in the UK and Europe, including NEPA Government Framework, Scottish Procurement Framework, LPP Framework and CPC Framework.
- Health & Safety Policy - details of Apogee Corporation’s health and safety policy
- ISO 9001 accreditation for quality management systems and processes
- Apogee DDS ISO 27001 accreditation for information security management systems and processes
- Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus acreditations
- Safecontractor accreditation for our commitment to achieving excellence in health and safety
All employees and applicants are made aware of our commitment to equal opportunities.
Apogee is committed to the principles of Equality and Diversity in employment, and seeks to adhere to the provisions of the Equality Act 2010, by opposing discrimination, victimisation and harassment on the grounds of all recognised protected characteristics.
The practical application is reflected in Apogee’s recruitment and employment policies and procedures, which are designed to embrace diversity and provide fair and equitable treatment for individuals, ensuring no misuse or waste of human resources alongside fairness and opportunity for all.
Apogee believe only the highest performing teams are those teams who maximise the power of different opinions, perspectives and cultural references. Leveraging diversity is one of the ways we will gain that advantage. When we act on our commitment to diversity, we maximise the power of our differences to achieve better business results, for ourselves and for our clients.
At Apogee, we define diversity in the following way: Diversity is about differences. Every one of us is different, and we value and respect individual differences. Our strategy aims to create the highest performing teams through the development of our people, while recruiting, retaining and promoting more diverse talent
- Discrimination Policy - details of Apogee Corporation’s discrimination policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy - details of Apogee Corporation’s equal opportunities policy
- GDPR Compliance Statement - details of Apogee Corporation’s General Data Protection Regulation compliance.
- Modern Slavery Statement - details of Apogee Corporation’s anti-slavery policy
We recognise the importance of reaching out to the wider community in a spirit of ‘giving something back’. Since 1993, Apogee’s Board have instilled this ethos into a strong Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy, raising funds for schools, sports projects, institutions and community schemes. This CSR activity has included funding a number of projects during its 8-year relationship with Linden Lodge, a school that supports pupils with visual impairment or multi-disabled visual impairment.
These projects have ranged from a hydrotherapy pool to ‘The Apogee Centre’ which is a ten million pounds’ state-of-the-art facility for Movement and Performing Arts that opened on the 1st April 2011. In addition to Linden Lodge, Apogee has been raising funds for Capital FM’s Charity, ‘Help a Capital Child’ which supports disadvantaged children throughout the UK. Help a Capital Child have been the beneficiary of a range of fundraising activities including Team Apogee’s current double challenge, involving rowing twenty-one miles in The Great River Race followed, a few days later, by the three hundred mile London to Paris Bike Ride.
Apogee employees also have the opportunity to engage colleagues in fund raising for charities of their own choice. Event examples include cake baking and selling, paid fancy dress and sponsor nominations to complete dancing and sporting activities.
- Partnered with Global's Make Some Noise charity, raising over £12,000 between April 2018 and April 2019
- As a leading supplier of production print systems Apogee actively support the industry through the British Print Industry Federation (BPIF), the UK’s principle business support organisation
Sustainability and environmental considerations are at the heart of everything we do. Apogee have an environmental policy that is reviewed annually and undersigned by directors of the business. It is fully aligned with ISO 14001, which Apogee are accredited through Advanced Certification. Apogee is fully Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) compliant, enabling us to collect and dispose of all redundant replaced parts and consumable cartridges in line with ISO 14001.
Apogee is committed to adopting and maintaining a framework of corporate policies, processes and controls that carefully consider and mitigate the environmental impact of our service provision. The framework shall provide governance, consistency and satisfaction in terms of responsibilities, methods, materials and equipment for all realisation and preparedness processes, that will consequently improve the day-to-day operations of Apogee, prevent pollution where practical to do so and enhance the confidence of customers and interested parties, beginning with the verification of customer requirements and ending with their satisfaction.
- Quality and Environmental Policy - details of Apogee Corporation’s environmental policy
- ISO 14001 accreditation for environmental management systems and processes
Apogee recognises that our staff are our most important resource and we actively seek to offer our staff a positive and healthy working environment to ensure they have rewarding careers and job satisfaction. We maintain an employee handbook which sets out the obligations and expectations of all members of staff. We seek to ensure that all staff have access to the training they need to enable them to deliver a high quality service.
Apogee recognise the value and importance of our employees and managing talent within our business is a priority. Our employment policies not only comply with all relevant legislation, but seek to exceed standard requirements in order to ensure that the working environment across the business embraces diversity and offers fairness and equality of opportunity in every respect.
As a global operation, HP have various entities in both EU and non-EU countries. With a relationship spanning over 20-years, including Gold Partner status and the later acquisition of Apogee by HP in August 2018, we have unparalleled access to all required parts and consumables directly via these channels. This provides contingency in the event that any route of supply is hindered or delayed, something that has been duly explored by the business in the midst of ongoing Brexit negotiations
Supply chain contingencies we have in place include:
- Monitoring/mapping of expected/projected increases in stock levels across core products including commonly replaced parts and high turnover consumables.
- Build additional stock holdings at our core logistics sites to smooth and supplement any short-term restrictions on our supply chain.
- Utilise our European operations based in Germany and Ireland to source and manage distribution through these locations.
- Ultilise our established network of suppliers based outside the EU, with the ability to purchase from these partners as a further contingency.