This opening in the IT Infrastructure team requires strong experience with VMware, Microsoft Windows Server (2008/12/16), Active Directory (2008/12), Enterprise Wintel technologies and some of the Microsoft Azure platform. As well as providing day-to-day 3rd and 4th line support for business critical applications, you will also have a good all-round understanding of back-office infrastructure, with strong practical experience managing, monitoring and maintaining a large, UK & European dispersed server estate. You must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, will be equally comfortable interacting with non-technical people and to work as part of a team and quickly establish credibility with colleagues. You will need to demonstrate an attention to detail, commitment and flexibility in dealing with unforeseen operational requirements.
Key Skills required:
- VMware vSphere 5.5+, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Veeam Backup Technologies
- Windows Server 2008 – 2016
- Experience administering Exchange 2010 – 2016
- Have extensive Microsoft OS Platform and Active Directory support experience
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Experience of managing a mixture of physical, virtual/cloud and hybrid datacentre environments, along with experience of managing DR environments and managing failover DR environments, as well as substantial experience of troubleshooting and problem solving
- Windows & Linux patching
- Knowledge of end point security/protection/encryption
- Good working knowledge of network infrastructure
- Experience of producing detailed documentation Accustomed to working within the ITIL framework of Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management. PKI Certificate infrastructure
- Experience of Avaya telephony platforms
- Actively contribute to continuous application and process improvement through product and documentation review, process refinement and systems configuration and implementation
- Handle, prioritise and effectively respond to a wide variety of user request encompassing issues including laptops, networks, backups, servers and software
- Contribute to service improvement through the monitoring and tracking of case closure to ensure service level agreement is met in the majority of cases.
- Support the implementation of new technologies, solutions and services, in line with current industry standards and business strategy
- Inclusion in an on-call rota to provide out of hours escalation support. Available for activities during planned weekend maintenance windows
- Providing 3rd and 4th line support of Physical and Virtual Windows Servers and associated Wintel back office infrastructure e.g. AD, DFS, DHCP, DNS, ADFS, WDS, WSUS. Ongoing maintenance of standards and processes relating to Systems Engineering’s services. Proactive scheduled maintenance, BCP, DR and capacity planning.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Any recognized professional qualifications that are either essential or desirable to perform the role e.g. recognized financial management accreditation, ITOL, Prince 2 etc.
Ideally, you should have a Microsoft MCSE/MCSA certification and have VMware VCP certification.