Apogee’s goals and objective is to drive continuous improvement, reduce failures and the impact our business activities have on the environment through sustainable best practices.
This role will facilitate Apogee’s Quality Management and Environmental Management via accredited Systems as part of the ISO 2015 standard with continued compliance that delivers business efficiency and continuous improvement.
To monitor and advise on the performance of quality Management and Environmental Management through Internal Audit, producing data and reports on performance ahead of an external audit from the appointed accreditation body.
To liaise with managers and employees throughout the organisation to ensure that the Quality and Environmental Management Systems perform efficiently and deliver true business benefits, implementing changes as part of a continuous improvement methodology. The role becomes aligned to compliance as well as ISO, QMS and EMS
- Promote quality and sustainability best practices, awareness and performance improvement throughout the organisation
- Identify and endorse quality and sustainability compliance objectives and Key Performance Indicators ensuring targets are met whilst maintaining awareness of business requirements
- Assist with the identification of the policies and procedures required within the Quality and Environmental Management System and their application throughout the organization
- Define and agree quality and environmental targets, measurements with leadership and management team for continued review and measurement.
- Schedule, plan and execute compliance audits in accordance with both ISO and Company requirements
- Define approved procedures within the audit function, agreeing corrective or preventative actions as necessary.
- Report on any corrective actions resulting from audit (or other). Reporting at the Management Review Meeting, implementing as required and subsequent closure of CAR’s/PAR’s
- Advise, assist and support actions necessary in continual improvement of business processes and best practices
- Implement where necessary and maintain controls and documented procedures
- Identify and report on relevant quality and sustainability related training and development needs.
- Promote understanding and adherence of policies and procedures adopted by the organisation, at all relevant points
- Assist specification, development and subsequent testing of new and/or amended procedures
- Assist the organisation’s senior leadership team in the Management Review process, preparing and presenting supporting documentation as appropriate, collating relevant data and producing statistical reports as required
- Produce management reports as required
- Liaise effectively with external assessment and accreditation bodies and business industry organisations as appropriate
- Assist the organisation’s leadership and management team in the retention of its ISO and other relevant accreditations
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- Be a lead or internal auditor in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
We aim to respond to applications within 48 hours of submittal. Please ensure that the following information is included in your covering letter: Current/Expected Salary, Notice Period, Contact phone number & email.