Purpose of the role:
To develop and maintain processes and tools to enable high quality, consistent project management across multiple work streams within Apogee Corporation, whilst consistently achieving objectives and deadlines following Prince 2 methodology.
To work with the Head of Project Management and PMO Co-Ordinators to deliver projects in accordance with agreed standards, processes (Prince2 Methodology), timescales and resources within Apogee Corporation.
The Project Manager will be accountable for managing multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring the successful delivery of projects ranging in size, financials, and complexity. The projects may be in a new or undefined business area, environment or technology and they are required to be delivered within timeframe, to agreed specification and within budget whilst maintaining and improving the profit margin. The Project Manager will ensure the customers’ business benefits are achieved and the customer is totally satisfied with the quality of the project delivered.
This is a high-profile role that works across the business at all levels. Internal contact will be varied and extensive given the majority of projects are cross-functional and impact more than one department.
Covering the UK and on occasion Europe, this role requires a hands-on Project Manager who is willing to travel and manage on site activities where applicable to ensure a smooth delivery of project deliverables.
- To understand the relevant technologies to an appropriate level, in which each project is being delivered in and those it affects.
- To work with the relevant teams to ensure the solution is appropriate and acceptable.
- To obtain IT and Service sign off from areas on technical solution(s).
- The ability to manage multiple projects at any one time without compromising the quality of delivery.
- Set the Goals and Objectives for the Project within a Project Initiation Document.
- Management of Project documentation including but not limited to Risks, Quality, Change Management, Information Security.
- Work closely with and drive delivery of your team, particularly working closely with PMO Co-Ordinators, technical architects, and implementation teams.
- Agree the overall project schedule of work including resource requirements.
- Negotiate for allocation of appropriate resources from across the business.
- Ensuring all work is properly scoped, planned, costed and risks / issues identified and resolved or mitigated in advance.
- Ensuring all work is executed in a controlled manner, completed reliably within allocated timescales, systems are handed over to customer’s / support teams fault free and through life costs are minimised.
- Manage internal and 3rd party resources on and off site to maximise their contribution, including external sub-contractors, providing appropriate support and guidance where necessary.
- Allocate work packages and tasks to relevant individuals, supervise execution of work and managing issues to resolution.
- Produce and maintain register of lessons learned.
- Responsible for timely production of project invoices.
- Ensure successful project closure and handover.
- Produce accurate, reliable, and timely daily/weekly/monthly Operational Reports for each project.
- Produce regular Project Progress Reports covering key work completed and upcoming, critical risks and issues and programme financial performance.
- Provide data to support the Programme Dashboard.
- Produce a closeout report for each project completed, identifying lessons learned.
- Ensure key project milestones are identified, planned, and held effectively and in accordance with quality process to assure Project delivery.
- Ensure key Engineering milestones are identified, planned, and held effectively and in accordance with quality process to ensure Technical Solutions are in line with requirements.
- Chair project Progress Meetings, produce subsequent minutes and progress actions.
- Attend and lead when required Project Board Meetings.
- Support and contribution to Process Improvements and ensure all activities are performed in accordance with the relevant company processes and agreed project quality standards.
- Act as a single point of contact for the project internally and externally.
- Maintain strong relationships to manage key internal stakeholders.
- Maintain strong relationships to manage complex external stakeholder structures such as Customers, End Users, Partners, Suppliers or 3rd Parties.
- Seek opportunities and produce proposals for variation orders within the projects.
- Support sales effort by providing Project Management expertise to bidding activities.
Qualifications and Personal Specification
Education and Qualifications
- Prince2 Foundation/Practitioner desirable.
- At least 2 years’ experience within project delivery.
- MPS experience is essential.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Hands on, level headed and pragmatic.
- Good communication skills.
- Customer Facing Skills.
- Influencing Skills.
- Negotiating Skills.
- Finance Appreciation.
- Problem Solving.
- Conflict Resolution.
- Presentation Skills.
- Comfort around Senior Management.
- Organisational Agility.
- Professional Development.
- Commercial Awareness.
- MS Office.
- MS Project.
- MS Visio (desirable but not essential).
- MS PowerPoint (desirable but not essential).
- Process Improvement.
Please submit an up to date CV along with a covering letter below. We aim to respond to applications within 48 hours of submittal. Please ensure that the following information is included in your covering letter: Current/Expected Salary, Notice Period, Contact phone number & email.