This is a National role as a team member of the Production Print Department.
The job holder provides support in various Supervisor and Technical specialist functions;
Firstly they serve as a point of escalation for technical issues from Engineers, RSM’s, SDM’s. As such he/she provides the engineering team with technical supervision/guidance and quality/cost control. The Field Service Team will depend on this person’s expertise and experience when faced with situations where they are uncertain of the appropriate approach to produce the most efficient and cost effective resolution.
Where first line telephone support has been unsuccessful the Supervisor/Technical Specialist will as required take ownership of the issue and attend customer sites, preferably with the Service Team member, in order to effect repair or resolution of technical issues necessary. They will also act as mentors for the Field Service Engineers. This is also a customer facing role with the post holder working in close collaboration with both sales and service operations.
Another element of the role is in design and delivery of Apogee Academy Technical Training/Presentations, whether they be internal or externally accredited.
To work with Service Management on the development of working procedures and common practice to ensure commercially sound targets in service performance to all customers is maintained.
Assist the Regional Service Manager in developing the skills of Field Service Engineers to maximise their work efficiency and maintain standards in call response and machine availability to the customer.
Assist The Regional Service Manager in establishing and promoting the attributes of a professional service support operation ensuring a good impression and clarity of communication.
Help Identify, adapt and develop service needs in line with changes in manufacturer products and functionality.
- To be personally responsible for your own health and safety and to be aware of obligations to other staff and customers in accordance with legislation
- To respect the protection of the environment through being efficient with energy and other resources, pursuing the reduction of environmental impact where possible and fulfilling specific environmental duties where assigned.
- To ensure that all team members conform to all documented ISO procedures.
- To keep allocated vehicle or your own vehicle used for business purposes in a clean, tidy and roadworthy condition, ensuring it is serviced at the correct intervals and reporting any damage or problems immediately to the Fleet Manager, in accordance with Fleet policy.
- Manage and co-ordinate training requirements with OEM’s where applicable.
- Create technical training courses as dictated by business needs and in line with Senior Management requests. Deliver technical training courses as required and where applicable formulate training and development plans for the Field Service Engineers.
- To undertake project work to achieve specific requirements such as mandatory firmware updates, or, internal business initiatives such as cost saving programs.
- To deal with escalated problematic machines/customers as advised by Field Service Management.
- To provide machine assessments and reports for RSM.
- Carry out Field Accompaniment’s as required with Field Service Engineers to assess their technical capabilities, product knowledge and customer handling skills. Under the guidance of The Regional Service Manger develop an ongoing field accompaniment plan to coach core skills in fault finding and customer handling. Complete field accompaniment reports showing progress and awareness to the strengths and weakness of each engineer.
- To provide tailored technical information for Field Service Engineers ensuring data supplied is up to date and relevant. (This is to include the OEM Handy Guide)
- To provide support and development for PMO/PS department including assistance during POC & rollout.
- To provide support to Workshops including PDI and Workshop Repairs as required.
- Collaborate with OEM representatives to assimilate/dissimilate technical/software information & escalation issues
- Provide field and telephone support to Field Service Engineers.
- In conjunction with The Regional Service Manager and, using published performance results, identify below target performance and create action plans to address substandard engineer results, underperforming machines, or resultant customer dissatisfaction issues.
- Key performance indicators are
- Call Rate
- Recall Rate
- Return to Fit Rate
- Cost Per Call
- Machine Uptime
- Call Response
- Constantly review and develop customer handling skills.
- Maintain your own levels of knowledge and a total understanding of all machines and products promoted and sold by the company.
- Assist the call control centre with management of calls to deal with response targets.
- Deal with all and any customer complaints resulting from any reason the complaint has arisen in a prompt and professional manner. All complaints should be brought to the attention of The Regional Service Manager and are to be recorded in accordance with the company procedures. You must follow through to its complete conclusion all complaints that are passed onto you.
- Assist with the role out of all new products and services to reporting staff.
- Recommend to senior management continuous poor performance for possible discipline action.
- The job description does not constitute all duties of the Production print field Supervisor/Technical specialist as these may change from time to time. You must maintain a flexible attitude and constantly support and promote all customer services provided by the department.
Whilst there are no specific mandatory qualifications for this role, it is highly desirable for the Technical Specialist \ Supervisor to hold one or more of the following or similar qualifications:
- ONC, HNC, City and Guilds or NVQ in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- An IT qualification such as CompTIA Network plus or Microsoft qualification.
- Manufacturer’s multi-functional print device maintenance training.
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Experience in the office equipment industry.
- Technical skills, with a strong electronic and mechanical background.
- Extensive experience working on either Sharp, Ricoh, Canon, HP, Kyocera, Samsung or Xerox devices.
- The ability to provide first class technical support with previous technical supervisory & customer facing experience.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of leading and motivating a team to deliver great results on a consistent basis.