The Paralegal will assist and work closely with the Head of Legal and existing Paralegal in delivering the day to day legal advice to the business, ensuring compliance with key legal requirements.
Specific Areas of Legal Work
The Paralegal will assist the Head of Legal to provide the service in-house, but utilising external legal advisers where appropriate. The role will include:
- For group companies
- Data Protection
- FCA compliance
- Anti-money laundering
- Assist the drafting of bespoke customer agreements and addendums to standard terms of business
- Assist in the liaison with funders and their lawyers for approval of variations to standard terms of business
- Drafting standard terms and conditions.
Public Sector Framework Agreements:
- Assist the Head of Legal in providing advice on the business risk associated with framework agreements, interpreting the provisions of framework and ensuing the appropriate customer documentation is used.
- Assist in the Negotiation, drafting and advising on trading agreements with key suppliers and finance partners.
- Assist in the advising on high value customer disputes, including reviewing facts, corresponding with customers and their lawyers, attending customer meetings, mediations and court hearings
- Identifying solutions to disputes and documenting such amendments
- Assist in the negotiating and drafting settlement agreements.
- Advising HR on specific legal queries associated with employees
- Advising on the implications of TUPE in the context of acquisitions and customer contracts
- Assist in the drafting and negotiation of Settlement Agreements.
- Assist in any Employment Tribunal claims and hearings.
- Assist in the drafting and negotiating non-disclosure agreements and heads of terms
- Assist in appropriate matters and areas in relation to acquisitions
- Assist on post-acquisition issues/questions
- Work with external lawyers on matters that have been or will be outsourced to them
- Liaise with external lawyers on matters which are outsourced
- Provide appropriate advice to the credit control department on general queries
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required by the Head of Legal or existing Paralegal from time to time which may include maintaining contract repository, risk summary, work in progress and archiving summaries.
Impact on Income:
Contributes across the full spectrum of the business, contributing directly to income by:
- Assisting sales and service in securing customer contracts via drafting agreements and liaising with the funder’s lawyers to obtain approval of the same.
- Assisting in the resolution of customer disputes to obtain payment of arrears/termination sums; participating in the negotiating and drafting trading agreements with funding partners.
- Paralegal/LLB (desirable)
- Previous in-house experience, ideally in a busy commercial environment
- Experience over a wide range of disciplines to a proficient level.
- The ability to assist and advise on a wide range of legal matters, but with the experience to recognise when to seek the Head of Legal/or existing Paralegal’s assistance and advice
- Excellent commercial awareness
- The ability to communicate legal advice to all levels of the business in a clear and concise manner to the business
- Experience of the gaining trust and respect of others through proven competence
- The ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- An outstanding role model of Apogee values.
If you would like to apply for this position please complete the form below and upload your latest CV.