Specific Areas of Legal Work
The head of legal will provide the service in house or via external advisers as appropriate.
- For group companies
- Legal support to the company Data Protection Officer.
- Legal support relating to FCA registration.
- Legal support to the Anti-money laundering officer.
- Negotiating and drafting bespoke customer agreements and addendums to standard terms of business.
- Liaising with funders and their lawyers for approval of variations to standard terms of business.
- Drafting standard terms and conditions.
Public Sector Framework Agreements
- Advising on the business risk associated with framework agreements, interpreting the provisions of framework and ensuing the appropriate customer documentation is used.
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on trading agreements with key suppliers and finance partners.
- Advising on high value customer disputes, including reviewing facts, corresponding with customers and their lawyers, attending customer meetings and mediations.
- Identifying solutions to disputes and documenting such amendments.
- Negotiating and drafting settlement agreements.
- Drafting senior management service agreements.
- Advising management on employment issues with senior managers.
- Advising HR on specific legal queries associated with employees.
- Advising on the implications of TUPE in the context of acquisitions and customer contracts.
- Drafting and negotiating Settlement Agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating non-disclosure agreements and heads of terms.
- Liaising with the Seller’s external lawyers and advisors in relation to acquisitions.
- Advising on post acquisition issues/questions.
- Selecting appropriate external lawyers and liaising on our behalf in relation to acquisitions.
- Selecting appropriate external lawyers for issues which require outsourcing due to complexity or level of specialism required.
- Managing external lawyers on matters which are outsourced.
- Advising credit control dpt on general queries.
- Drafting/approving NDA’s.
Such other duties as may reasonably be required by the board from time to time.
Impact on Income
Contributes across the full spectrum of the business, contributing directly to income by:
- assisting sales and service in securing customer contracts via drafting agreements and liaising with the funder’s lawyers to obtain approval of the same;
- resolving customer disputes to obtain payment of arrears/termination sums;
- negotiating and drafting trading agreements with funding partners.
- Extensive experience, ideally in a busy in house environment to include managing other qualified and part qualified employees.
- Experience over a wide range of disciplines to a moderate/ high level.
- The ability to advise on a wide range of legal matters, but with the experience to recognise when external advice is required.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- The ability to communicate legal advice to all levels of the business in a clear and concise manner to the business.
- Strong managerial ability, gaining trust and respect of others through proven competence.
- The ability to influence and negotiate at executive level.
- An outstanding role model of Apogee values.
This role reports directly to CEO and is based between Maidstone/London, with national travel.
If you would like to apply for this position please complete the form below and upload your latest CV.