Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the CEO, this newly created role will see the successful individual join the Apogee Board of Directors as Group HR & Legal Director, responsible for driving & shaping the people strategy across the business. The Group HR & Legal Director will need to be a dynamic, energetic and inspirational leader, who is well versed in developing a high performing people function across large organisations. You will be required to build a winning HR strategy, in a fast-paced, high growth organisation, creating, leading and implementing an evolving strategic HR plan that encompasses the goals and objections of the business. The Group HR & Legal Director will be responsible for spearheading Apogee’s HR & Legal functions.
Department Overview – HR & Payroll Function:
The HR & Payroll Team is responsible for the day to day management of Apogee’s HR & Payroll function. The team is comprised of a HR & Payroll Manager, Senior Payroll Administrator & HR & Payroll Administrators (x2).
Payroll 1100+ FTE (monthly) (UK, Jersey, Ireland and Directors)
- Capture & collection new employee information
- Overtime, Expenses, Commissions and any other ad-hoc payments or deductions
- Calculating and processing leavers final pay
- Changes to T & C’s
- Month end Journals
- P11 D’s
- Ad-hoc Reports as requested
- Checking overtime in accordance with the Working Time Directive
- Tax Code Uploads
- Monthly submission to HMRC via RTI
- Payroll Queries
- Year End
- Offer Letters and Contracts of Employment (including changes to T’s & C’s for existing employees)
- Support on complaints/grievances/absences and performance management
- HR related queries
- New Starter eligibility checks
- Ad-hoc correspondence relating to an employee
- Maternity Letters
- Probation paperwork
- DBS Checks
- Sick Reporting
- Headcount reports
- Generating Leavers letters and associated correspondence
- Exit Interviews
- Creating new starter files and maintaining monthly filing
Overview – Legal Function:
- For group companies
- Legal support to the company Data Protection Officer
- Legal support relating to FCA registration
- Legal support to the Anti-money laundering officer.
- Negotiating and drafting bespoke customer agreements and addendums to standard terms of business
- Liaising with funders and their lawyers for approval of variations to standard terms of business
- Drafting standard terms and conditions.
Public Sector Framework Agreements
- Advising on the business risk associated with framework agreements, interpreting the provisions of framework and ensuing the appropriate customer documentation is used.
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on trading agreements with key suppliers and finance partners.
- Advising on high value customer disputes, including reviewing facts, corresponding with customers and their lawyers, attending customer meetings and mediations
- Identifying solutions to disputes and documenting such amendments
- Negotiating and drafting settlement agreements.
- Drafting senior management service agreements
- Advising management on employment issues with senior managers
- Advising HR on specific legal queries associated with employees
- Advising on the implications of TUPE in the context of acquisitions and customer contracts
- Drafting and negotiating Settlement Agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating non-disclosure agreements and heads of terms
- Liaising with the Seller’s external lawyers and advisors in relation to acquisitions
- Advising on post-acquisition issues/questions
- Selecting appropriate external lawyers and liaising on our behalf in relation to acquisitions.
- Selecting appropriate external lawyers for issues which require outsourcing due to complexity or level of specialism required
- Managing external lawyers on matters which are outsourced
- Advising credit control department on general queries
- Drafting/approving NDA’s
- Resolving customer disputes to obtain payment of arrears/termination sums; Negotiating and drafting trading agreements with funding partners.
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required by the board from time to time.
- Extensive experience in a senior HR role
- Qualified CIPD member
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Strong track-record in HR generalist and change management roles
- Commercial acumen and credibility
- Extensive experience of managing a team
- Faultless communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough working knowledge of UK employment legislation
Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
Please submit an up to date CV along with a covering letter below. We aim to respond to applications within 48 hours of submittal. Please ensure that the following information is included in your covering letter: Current/Expected Salary, Notice Period, Contact phone number & email.