Reporting to the Finance Director, the FP and A Manager will lead a team of 1-2 and will be responsible for the ownership and provision of a high standard of business performance analytics. This is a new role in the business and will lead the budgeting and forecast cycle, identification of trends, risks and commercial opportunities. The successful applicant will be comfortable in extracting and analysing large amounts of transactional data to identify critical insights, which will help to drive the continued growth of the business. This is a business partner role with the opportunity of having a significant impact on the business and requires someone with exceptional analytical and IT skills.
- Ownership of the Management Board Pack
- Lead the delivery of robust and detailed budgets and forecasts, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance, particularly in the area of revenue and gross margin
- Projecting of short term cash flow requirements and working capital management
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and identify non-value added processes within the business
- Develop financial models to monitor and analyse revenue and gross margin
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Assisting the Financial Controller in production of management reporting
- Proactively managing workload to ensure all deadlines are met within month-end timetable
- Provide guidance, coaching and leadership for direct reports.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; including project management experience
- One year of experience in a similar job, which should involve performing financial and ad hoc analyses using advanced Excel and providing recommendations for commercial decision-making
- Someone able to demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen and analytical ability
- Strong financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Advanced Excel skills along with proficiency in Word
- Excellent IT skills and experience in managing teams
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and influencing skills
- Track record in working within a business partnering role supporting commercial departments outside the finance function.
- Experience in working within a business that handles a high number of transactions.