Purpose of the role:
The Bid Manager is responsible for the management, planning and execution of the full bid lifecycle as part of the central bid team. Ensuring that the content clearly articulates Apogee’s value proposition.
- Take a lead role in the qualification of potential Bids, working with the appropriate sales channel.
- Implementing a variety of winning bid strategies ensuring the process is executed in a timely and professional manner.
- Research, evaluation and organisation of compelling tender documentation ensuring high levels of consistency and quality
- Initiate and manage stakeholder meetings and collaboration with relevant staff across all business areas.
- Lead storyboarding sessions, participating in key review meetings / final document review, management of contributory authors, and document production.
- Re-write contributions from stakeholders as required to produce the optimal, consistently styled response.
- Where required, support the sales team to develop sales presentations to support our tender responses.
- Manage and maintain a central library of tender information and previously submitted tender responses.
- Liaise with the marketing team to create or update marketing materials, company policies and other literature to increase the success rates of tender responses.
- The successful candidate will come from a bid management background, ideally in the managed services sector, however all bid professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Full knowledge of the bid lifecycle from tracking of OJEU notices to PQQ, tender and post tender interviews / presentations.
- Extensive experience and proven expertise in the production of compelling, compliant, and responsive tender responses, on time and budget.
- The ability to manage and co-ordinate the delivery of multiple bids, managing budgets in excess of £500k.
- Commercially astute, and able to structure a bid to present the offer in the best light whilst minimising risk to the business.
- Strong customer focus and ability to influence and negotiate with people at mid-levels within Apogee and customer organisations.
Please submit an up to date CV along with a covering letter using the form below. We aim to respond to applications within 48 hours of submittal. Please ensure that the following information is included in your covering letter: Current/Expected Salary, Notice Period, Contact phone number & email.